Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin. At Tactical Tech, we strive to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society. Our approach is practical and our work focuses on how technology impacts power structures, public and private accountability, human rights and social justice.
The Glass Room is an immersive exhibition on technology, data and privacy that has been visited by 120,000 people worldwide. It has been adapted to a number of formats: a large stand-alone exhibition that has appeared in San Francisco, London, New York and Berlin; and a smaller curated exhibition for major galleries, museums and festivals. We have also set up The Glass Room Community Edition, a set of visualisations and digital assets that can be produced at scale so that event organisers, communities and organisations throughout the world can host their own exhibition. In 2019, exhibitions were hosted in 38 countries across the globe.
You’ll be working with our Glass Room Community Edition remote partners internationally to assist them in the process of organising the events for their communities. This is a great opportunity to work with highly engaged partners globally and gain an insight into an innovative project that aims at explaining to a wider public the challenges and risks of technology.
Support on a range of administration and coordination tasks with partners and Glass Room Community Edition hosts:
- Liaising with remote partners - confirming and scheduling events and sending digital assets
- Updating database/schedule on new and past events
- Managing & filing feedback
- Managing stock of materials
- Co-ordinating postage and distribution
- Creating new events and posting them on theglassroom.org website
- Making changes as necessary to the content on the Tactical Tech homepage and other pages
- Preparing & sending social media posts to communications team
We are looking for:
- Good organisational skills with practical experience.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Commitment and team player.
- Hands-on approach and interest in public education, society and technology.
- Experience in working internationally, organising events, as an asset.
- Experience with CMS, databases, other digital tools and editing skills are a definite plus.
This is a Student job / Werkstudent position (20h per week) for a temporary contract, at a salary rate of 11 euros gross / hour. A paid internship up to a full time position, of at least 5-6 months duration, is also a possibility. This post will be based in Berlin, Germany and you must be legally entitled to work in Germany. The working language of the organisation is English.
Please apply via email to email@example.com, subject line “Event Coordination Glass Room” with your CV and a covering letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the post and your availability, by Sunday 23rd February 2020. If available, please also provide referees from previous jobs.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.
- Berlin Mitte (10119)
Über das Unternehmen
Tactical Tech is an international NGO, with an office in Berlin, which strives to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society. We work with an international audience of engaged citizens and civil society actors to investigate and mitigate the evolving impact of technologies on society. Our vision is a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society. To enable this change, we investigate how digital technologies impact society and individual autonomy, using our findings to create practical solutions for citizens and civil society actors.