At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Max Planck Foundation is looking for a student assistant for the Foundation’s project entitled “Supporting Chile’s Constitutional Making Process”. The main duties will include legal research on topics related to German constitutional law, as well as research on political developments within the project country and the region, organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop materials, review of seminar evaluations, as well as translations.
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany at least until the end of 2022
- studying Law with a focus on Constitutional law
- very good English skills
- very good Spanish skills
- knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law desirable
- interest in Chile
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- commitment and flexibility
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- the opportunity of learning about the Chilean legal system
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 14.01 Euros
The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (Reference: Student Chile) by 12 September 2021.
- Heidelberg Bergheim (69115)
Über das Unternehmen
Die Max-Planck-Stiftung führt umfangreiche juristische Beratungs-, Ausbildungs- und Forschungsprojekte insbesondere in Entwicklungs- und Transformationsländern durch. Wichtige Arbeitsschwerpunkte der Max-Planck-Stiftung sind die Unterstützung von Verfassungsprozessen und Hilfestellungen bei der Stabilisierung neuer Rechtsordnungen durch die Ausbildung von Justizpersonal. Weitere Projekte widmen sich der Unterstützung von Friedensprozessen, Verwaltungs- und Hochschulreformen, Antikorruption, Rechtspluralismus und anderen Themenfeldern.