Fraunhofer is the biggest organization for applied science in Europe. In 2020, in the »research« category of the Trendence Young Professionals Barometer as well as in the category »natural sciences« of the Universum Young Professionals Survey, we were named »TOP 1 Employer Germany«. At Fraunhofer IAIS, more than 330 employees develop customized solutions for the integration and analysis of data for our industrial customers. The focus is on competencies in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Multimedia Content Analytics, Information Integration as well as Enterprise Modelling and Enterprise Analysis.
The Media Engineering department focuses on the scientific topics of cognitive business optimization, smart coding and learning as well as AI-based industrial image processing. To support our team, we are looking for several working students*:
- Assisting the implementation of learning solutions in customer and research projects in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Supporting the development of scientific publications on current research topics
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, statistics, physics or in a related field
- Confident handling and high interest in machine learning methods (supervised and unsupervised learning), especially neural networks
- Very good knowledge and skills in software development, preferably Python
- Optimally experience with PyTorch as a deep learning framework
- Ideally experience in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Fluent English skills, high self-motivation, and independence as well as commitment
- A good command of the German language is beneficial
What you can expect from us
- We offer you a working environment that combines the latest research with the current topics in industry.
- You will work in a young and highly motivated team of data scientists*, PhD students* and post-docs*.
- It is possible that you will get the opportunity to write your master thesis within the scope of our topics.
- Remuneration of 15,07€ per hour
- Weekly working hours are up to 19 hours.
- In addition to on-site work, we partly allow mobile work.
Questions about this position will be answered by
Lars Patrick Hillebrand
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU.
Apply here: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/32578/Application/New/1
- Sankt Augustin (53757)
Über das Unternehmen
Fraunhofer ist die größte Organisation für anwendungsorientierte Forschung in Europa und wurde 2020 in der Kategorie »Forschung« des Trendence Young Professionals Barometers sowie in der Kategorie »Naturwissenschaften« des Universum Young Professionals Survey als »TOP 1 Arbeitgeber« ausgezeichnet. Am Fraunhofer IAIS erforschen und entwickeln 350 Mitarbeitende individuelle Lösungen zur Integration und Analyse von Daten für unsere Fördergeber und unsere Kunden aus der Wirtschaft. Künstliche Intelligenz, Machine Learning, Big Data, Multimedia Content Analytics, Information Integration und Unternehmensmodellierung und -analyse sind die inhaltlichen Schwerpunkte unserer Arbeiten.