Sous Chef (m/w/d)
We are looking for a full time Sous Chef to join our international kitchen team.
You will be the right hand of our Head Chef, be responsible for our kitchen trainees, take over special orders as well as train the kitchen team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Material & product orders
- Regular inspection & inventory review
- Recipe calculation in cooperation with F&B Controller & Head Chef
- Meaningful employee assignment according to the business needs
- Manage the working hours of the employees
- Awareness of emergency procedures
- Guiding and promoting trainees and colleagues in the kitchen
- Manage and train trainees according the planned schedule
In absence of Head Chef
- Strong financial awareness of the performance of our kitchen
- Product choice & awareness
- Communicate flawless to all other departments
- Successfully completed training as a chef or comparable previous knowledge
- Experience in training and developing a young team (Ausbilderschein/Trainer licence desirable)
- Keen interest in local produce and organic food as well as a passion for quality
- Previous experience in fine dining – Michelin or 5 star venues is highly desirable
- Ability to cope under pressure and communicate in an effective manner under stress
- German & English fluent
This is an opportunity for a chef who is willing to take the next step, and who will reap the benefits of joining the Michelberger family.
We are offering:
Taking over responsibility, Staff benefits, Family friendly working environment, Space for creativity,
Please forward your application, including earliest starting date, your salary expectations.
Über das Unternehmen
Modernes Hotel an der Warschauer Straße in Berlin.