I. General introduction
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a private and independent international medical aid organisation. It was founded in 1971 by a group of French doctors and journalists. Whether it is war-wounded people in Yemen, displaced populations in South Sudan or patients with tuberculosis in Central Asia: MSF provides medical aid in more than 70 countries worldwide. The projects are targeted especially at people in need who do not have access to sufficient medical treatment or who are barred from aid. ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V. in Germany is one of the 24 membership organizations of MSF. The main focus of our work lie in the management of field projects, recruitment of field personnel, raising awareness about humanitarian issues, and fundraising. In 2017, ÄRZTE OHNE GRENZEN e.V. collected roughly 153 million Euros in private donations and other income and is currently employing more than 200 staff in Germany.
Humanitarian Congress Berlin
The Humanitarian Congress Berlin is a forum to analyse and discuss the theory and practice of humanitarian action. Each year, it brings together over 800 leading and emerging experts from around the globe to share experiences and knowledge in an international and multidisciplinary setting. Over the past two decades, the Humanitarian Congress has created a platform for a growing community with a shared interest in the major issues and challenges confronting humanitarian action.
We are looking for an intern(m/f/d) with excellent organisational skills and a real passion for humanitarian affairs to support the development, coordination and evaluation of the Humanitarian Congress Berlin.
II. Terms of reference
Job location: MSF-Germany, Berlin
Starting Date: 03rd of June 2019
Duration: 5 months
Job dimension: 100% (40 hours per week)
Salary: 450,- Euro per month for students with a mandatory internship, otherwise 9,19 Euro per hour
Deadline: 07th of April 2019
You will have the opportunity to assist and support the Advocacy Project Manager who is coordinating the Humanitarian Congress in Berlin. Your tasks will include:
- Logistical and organizational preparation and implementation of the Humanitarian Congress Berlin 2019
- Research on possible speakers and participating organizations
- Database management (data of participants and speakers)
Draft and edit communication materials (invitations, meeting notes, etc.)
- Provide support with communications for the congress (e.g. via social media)
- Act as point of contact for participants – liaising with participants on the phone and via email
- Plan and coordinate the exhibition “Humanitarian Forum” in the foyer of the Humanitarian Congress Berlin
- Evaluation of the event
- Attending regular in-house meetings and potentially external events
- Optional: research for other areas of the Berlin Advocacy Unit (for example Humanitarian Affairs)
IV. Your profile:
- Strong interest in humanitarian action
- ideally some events experience, either at work, socially or at university
- Proven computer skills particularly in MS Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Written and spoken fluency in English and a good working knowledge of German (B2)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to remain calm and react quickly an positively under pressure
Student status is not mandatory for this internship.
We are offering an interesting internship in a busy, motivated and collaborative team.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your complete written application (incl. letter of motivation, CV without photo and any relevant certificates) by email and integrate all documents in one PDF file with max. 5 MB. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of further questions please contact Nora Dettmer: 030 - 700 130 237 or email@example.com.
- Berlin Mitte (10179)