Picnic is an app-only supermarket. We’re data-driven with software at our core. Our world-class developers write immaculate code to support the world’s fastest-growing supermarket. We’re on a quest for like-minded people to be part of the future of digital grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Picnic has recently moved to Germany. The service is growing fast and new cities are being launched each month. With an innovative app and intelligent algorithms, we deliver groceries to an ever-expanding customer base. That means a lot of hardware and administration.
As our IT Support Engineer, you fix internal problems in our office, fulfilment centres, and hubs. You fulfil day-to-day administrative tasks: creating accounts, deleting them, resetting passwords. By ensuring that our systems are up and running and secure (with everyone logged-in), you guarantee the delivery of groceries across Germany.
This is hands-on support that goes beyond, ‘Have you tried turning it off and on again?’. We run advanced Warehouse Management Systems and a fleet of electric vans that operate to restrictive deadlines: daily deliveries go out each day, no compromises. With hard work and quick-thinking, you fix problems and respond to direct calls on network issues.
This role provides valuable experience in an ambitious tech company. We allow room for growth and development. With the latest tech and a fast-paced environment, you will learn on-the-go in a forward-thinking team and help write the future of in-app grocery shopping.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What you do
- Provide hands-on assistance with office IT issues
- Travel to distribution centres in response to on-site issues
- Fix internal problems and call third-party services for solutions
- Account management: When Dimitar forgets his password, you reset it
What you need
- Undergoing or completed a Master’s Degree in IT Management or Computer Networks
- Experience with the following:
- Advanced knowledge in Windows 10
- Support level of GSuite and Microsoft Office apps
- Understanding of LAN protocols and equipment
- For bonus points, experience with the following:
- Intermediate knowledge in MacOS and Linux
- Support level knowledge of the current standards in connectors and adaptors (accessories) and of printing systems
- Basic knowledge of Mail server standards
- Fluent in German and English
- Be available for at least 3 days per week
- Düsseldorf Golzheim (40477)
Über das Unternehmen
We value freedom and responsibility. There’s always room to design unique solutions and upset the status quo. In a dynamic atmosphere, diverse teams collaborate on projects, taking ideas from the drawing board to implementation. We're all curious, and everyone is hungry for a challenge. Picnic started small, and our roots have never been forgotten. Real customers are involved day-to-day in the development of our product. We have a weekly user-testing session and a dedicated customer success team. This allows us to continue creating products that people love, complemented with first-class service and a modern flair.