Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
We are looking for an enthusiastic working student who is detail-oriented with a practical and systematic approach to solving problems. This is a part-time position based in our EMEA Headquarters office in Berlin.
This position comprises a broad spectrum of activities, based on Technical Support, Design, Computer Programing and Administration.
The main responsibilities and tasks will be:
• Design and create tools to automate, facilitate and guide the bill of materials creation
• Maintain data bases with relevant information of products and processes
• Create and review of technical specification document sheets
• Assist in samples ordering and build of mock-ups
• Maintain and organize the Team common areas and equipment
Required for this position:
• Full time student of a Technical University with course of study of Computer Science, Software Development or similar
• Good English language skills. Any additional language skills would be considered as a plus
• Programming skill in Visual Basic, Java/Java Script and/or Phyton, Visual c++
• Excellent MS-Windows skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Hands-on interest in technical products
• Energetic with a desire to learn.
- Berlin Mitte (10117)
Über das Unternehmen
Corning ist ein weltweiter Marktführer und Vorreiter auf dem Gebiet der Werkstoffkunde. Seit mehr als 160 Jahren nutzen wir unser unübertroffenes Fachwissen in den Bereichen Spezialglas, Keramik und optische Physik, um in Zusammenarbeit mit unseren Partnern neue Materialien, Produkte und Prozesse zu entwickeln, die aus dem täglichen Leben nicht mehr wegzudenken sind.