Fraunhofer is the biggest organization for applied science in Europe. In 2020, in the »research« category of the Trendence Young Professionals Barometer as well as in the category »natural sciences« of the Universum Young Professionals Survey, we were named »TOP 1 Employer Germany«. At Fraunhofer IAIS, more than 330 employees develop customized solutions for the integration and analysis of data for our industrial customers. The focus is on competencies in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Multimedia Content Analytics, Information Integration as well as Enterprise Modelling and Enterprise Analysis.
The NetMedia department focuses on the scientific topics of document analysis, image processing and speech recognition. To support our team, we are looking for a student assistant*:
- Assisting the implementation of (inter-)national customer and research projects as well as approaching various, technological challenges
- Training and improving language models in the field of medicine, including annotating corresponding files, and creating training datasets
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science, computational linguistics, mathematics, statistics, physics or in a related field
- Basic knowledge of software development with Python
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Interest in learning more about Automatic Speech Recognition
- Fluent English skills, high self-motivation, and independence as well as commitment
- A good command of the German language is advantageous
What you can expect from us
- We offer you a working environment that combines the latest research with the current topics in industry.
- You will work in a motivated team of young colleagues* and experienced senior scientists*.
- You are in constant exchange with the scientific pioneers* in the fields of Automatic Speech Recognition, Speaker Recognition, and similar speech technologies.
- You will take on various, creative, and challenging tasks and thus you have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to relevant problem settings.
Remuneration (depending on the progress of your studies) between 11,11 and 15,07€. Weekly working hours are up to 19 hours. In addition to on-site work, we partly allow mobile work.
Questions about this position will be answered by
Ms. Ankita Oswal
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU.
Apply here: https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/32578/Application/New/1
- Sankt Augustin (53757)
Über das Unternehmen
Fraunhofer ist die größte Organisation für anwendungsorientierte Forschung in Europa und wurde 2020 in der Kategorie »Forschung« des Trendence Young Professionals Barometers sowie in der Kategorie »Naturwissenschaften« des Universum Young Professionals Survey als »TOP 1 Arbeitgeber« ausgezeichnet. Am Fraunhofer IAIS erforschen und entwickeln 350 Mitarbeitende individuelle Lösungen zur Integration und Analyse von Daten für unsere Fördergeber und unsere Kunden aus der Wirtschaft. Künstliche Intelligenz, Machine Learning, Big Data, Multimedia Content Analytics, Information Integration und Unternehmensmodellierung und -analyse sind die inhaltlichen Schwerpunkte unserer Arbeiten.