At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: https://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the team is looking for working students to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops in the framework of its projects in French-speaking West Africa. Main duties will include: legal research and organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop material, review of seminar evaluations, small translation tasks as well as occasional minute-taking during internal meetings.
- enrolled as a full-time student in Germany for at least until the end of 2021
- commitment and flexibility
- very good knowledge of French
- proven competence in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- in-depth knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law
- practical experience and interest in Sub-Saharan Africa and Mali is desirable
- office position based in Heidelberg, Germany – it is not possible to fulfil the tasks remotely
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 14.01 Euro
The Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Please apply through our online application portal stating your earliest possible starting date and preferred weekly hours of employment (Reference: Student West Africa) by 5 May 2021.
- Heidelberg Bergheim (69115)
Über das Unternehmen
Die Max-Planck-Stiftung führt umfangreiche juristische Beratungs-, Ausbildungs- und Forschungsprojekte insbesondere in Entwicklungs- und Transformationsländern durch. Wichtige Arbeitsschwerpunkte der Max-Planck-Stiftung sind die Unterstützung von Verfassungsprozessen und Hilfestellungen bei der Stabilisierung neuer Rechtsordnungen durch die Ausbildung von Justizpersonal. Weitere Projekte widmen sich der Unterstützung von Friedensprozessen, Verwaltungs- und Hochschulreformen, Antikorruption, Rechtspluralismus und anderen Themenfeldern.