BurdaPrincipal Investments supports fast-growing digital technology- and media companies with long-term venture capital and market intelligence. Our portfolio encompasses successful consumer Internet companies from Europe, the US and Asia like Etsy, Baublebar, Vinted or Blitsy. The unit is managed by a team of investment specialists in Munich, London and Singapore.
To strengthen our Team, we are looking for an Intern (m/f/d) in the field of principal investments in Munich.
What awaits you...
- Being part of the global team of investment professionals of Burda Principal Investments (“BPI”, www.burdaprincipalinvestments.com)
- Continuous screening and assessment of potential investments in USA, Europe and Asia as part of the overall deal pipeline activities
- Supporting the development of investment theses as well as market and valuation intelligence
- Being part of the project team on investment process within BPI
- Performing market and commercial due diligence
- Deal execution as part of the respective deal teams
- Post-deal and portfolio management including strategic and operational initiatives, performance tracking of portfolio companies
- Driving initiatives together with the management teams of our portfolio companies
- Preparation of board meetings and internal reviews of investment performance
What we would expect from you...
- Pursuing Master’s degree in a business, finance or accounting related field
- Experience in reviewing financial statements, i.e. P&L, balance sheet and cash flow / strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Passion and curiousity for media and tech; passion for conducting research and screening various markets
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German language beneficial, but not required. Knowledge in Spanish is a plus.
- Minimum availability of three months
What we can offer you...
- Interning in our team means taking on challenging tasks, creating impact and contributing to the success of our rapidly growing investment unit
- We are entrepreneurially driven, non-hierarchical and invest into developing talent
- Teaming up with dynamic and energetic professionals at both, Burda and our investments
- Competitive compensation
Apply now with a complete set of application documents (including cover letter, CV, certificates).
Would you like to get a first impression of Burda in advance? Then you should watch the following video on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5cBwRn3tU
- München Bogenhausen (81925)
Über das Unternehmen
Hubert Burda Media ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern und 600 gedruckten und digitalen Produkten sowie eigenen technologischen Entwicklungen eines der größten Medien- und Technologieunternehmen Europas. Im Zentrum aller unternehmerischen Aktivitäten steht der Konsument. Burda ist in 17 Ländern aktiv, wichtige Märkte sind Großbritannien, Kontinentaleuropa, Asien und die USA.