Burda Principal Investments (BPI), a division of Hubert Burda Media, provides long term growth equity for fast growing digital technology and media companies. Hubert Burda Media is one of Europe’s largest media and technology conglomerates with a strong investment track record in internet-centric businesses since 1998. We have been partners for visionary entrepreneurs, leveraging Burda’s capital, brands and sector expertise, particularly in the areas of business expansion, internationalization and localization. We are invested in a portfolio of highly successful consumer internet companies in Europe, the U.S. and Asia. In the past, Hubert Burda Media has invested in internet platforms such as Etsy, zooplus, HolidayCheck, or Xing AG. BPI is run by a dedicated team of investment professionals based in New York, Munich, London and Singapore.
To strengthen our Team, we are looking for an Intern (m/f/x) in the field of principal investments in Munich.
You can expect...
- Being part of the global team of investment professionals of Burda Principal Investments (“BPI”, www.burdaprincipalinvestments.com)
- Continuous screening and assessment of potential investments in USA, Europe and Asia as part of the overall deal pipeline activities
- Supporting the development of investment theses as well as market and valuation intelligence
- Being part of the project team on investment process within BPI
- Performing market and commercial due diligence
- Deal execution as part of the respective deal teams
- Post-deal and portfolio management including strategic and operational initiatives, performance tracking of portfolio companies
- Driving initiatives together with the management teams of our portfolio companies
- Preparation of board meetings and internal reviews of investment performance
What do we require...
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a business, finance or accounting related field
- Experience in reviewing financial statements, i.e. P&L, balance sheet and cash flow / strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Passion and curiousity for media and tech; passion for conducting research and screening various markets
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German language beneficial, but not required. Knowledge in Spanish is a plus.
- Minimum availability of three months
What do we offer...
- Interning in our team means taking on challenging tasks, creating impact and contributing to the success of our rapidly growing investment unit
- We are entrepreneurially driven, non-hierarchical and invest into developing talent
- Teaming up with dynamic and energetic professionals at both, Burda and our investments
- Competitive compensation
- Internship location either London or Munich (Start January 2020)
Apply now using our Online-Tool with a complete set of application documents (including cover letter, CV, certificates) and state your earliest entry date!
Would you like to get a first impression of Burda in advance? Then you should watch the following video on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5cBwRn3tU
Karin Wiegand : Recruiting Center , 089 9250 1166
- München Bogenhausen (81925)
Über das Unternehmen
Hubert Burda Media ist mit mehr als 12.000 Mitarbeitern und 600 gedruckten und digitalen Produkten sowie eigenen technologischen Entwicklungen eines der größten Medien- und Technologieunternehmen Europas. Im Zentrum aller unternehmerischen Aktivitäten steht der Konsument. Burda ist in 17 Ländern aktiv, wichtige Märkte sind Großbritannien, Kontinentaleuropa, Asien und die USA.