The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law is looking for
Student Assistants (Law, Economics/Business Studies and Political Science) for Sub-Saharan Africa and Jordan Projects (8 hours/week)
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: http://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavoring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to the responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the Sub-Saharan Africa and Jordan team is looking for student assistants to facilitate the ongoing preparations for legal seminars, conferences and workshops. Main duties will include: legal research and organisational tasks, preparation and formatting of workshop material, review of seminar evaluations, as well as the maintenance of project related websites.
- commitment and flexibility
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- very good English skills and good French and/or Arabic skills
- in-depth knowledge of Public International Law and Comparative Constitutional Law
- practical experience and interest in Sub-Saharan Africa/the Middle East are desirable
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities
- hourly salary of 12.85 Euro, according to the hourly rate for student assistants
The Max Planck Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The Max Planck Foundation also seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- Heidelberg Bergheim (69115)
Über das Unternehmen
Die Max-Planck-Stiftung führt umfangreiche juristische Beratungs-, Ausbildungs- und Forschungsprojekte insbesondere in Entwicklungs- und Transformationsländern durch. Wichtige Arbeitsschwerpunkte der Max-Planck-Stiftung sind die Unterstützung von Verfassungsprozessen und Hilfestellungen bei der Stabilisierung neuer Rechtsordnungen durch die Ausbildung von Justizpersonal. Weitere Projekte widmen sich der Unterstützung von Friedensprozessen, Verwaltungs- und Hochschulreformen, Antikorruption, Rechtspluralismus und anderen Themenfeldern.