1. General introduction
The overall purpose of Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) is to preserve life and alleviate suffering, while protecting human dignity and seeking to restore the ability of people to make their own decisions. MSF accomplishes this through the provision of medical aid and a personal commitment to act as witness to events surrounding populations in danger. This work is essentially performed in periods of crisis, when a situation is no longer held in balance and the very survival of a population may be threatened. The underlying basis for realising MSF’s objectives is respect for medical ethics, humanitarian principles, human rights and international humanitarian law.
The Operations Department
In the Operations Centre Amsterdam, MSF-Germany, Holland and the UK are sharing ownership and responsibility for Operations in the field missions. This is expressed in programme portfolios managed by Operations Managers (OM), in close collaboration with the Health Advisor(s). Currently, 3 portfolios and the Emergency Desk are run out of Amsterdam, and two portfolios from Berlin. In addition, a medical unit (Manson Unit) is based in London. Each portfolio of countries is supported by a team of advisors (the Operational Support Team, OST), led by the OM.
The student assistant will work together primarily with the Field Finance Advisor and have the opportunity to engage in a variety of process improvement initiatives.
2. Terms of Reference:
Job title: Student Assistant (m/f)
Job location: MSF-Germany, Berlin
Starting Date: January 2018
Duration: 1 year, extension possible
Job dimension: 10 hours per week
Salary: 9,44€ per hour, plus. 13th salary after a duration of employment of 6 month
- Assist the Field Finance Advisor with implementation of a new finance analytics project (Business Intelligence)
- Research and evaluate options for development and delivery of remote finance training
- Minor process improvement initiatives (standardization, information management)
- Other tasks as needed by different advisors in the Operations Department
- Studies in Finance, Business Administration, IT or Projekt Management will be a benefit
- Comfort with both spoken and written English
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products
- Interest in humanitarian aid
- Interest in new technology and data science will be a benefit
In case of further questions please contact Cameron Wrigley: +49-30-700130-275.
We offer a very interesting student position in a highly dynamic environment with a strong and motivated team. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your complete written application (incl. letter of motivation, CV and certificates) by E-Mail and integrate all documents in one PDF file with max. 5 MB. Please send your application in English to email@example.com.
- Berlin Mitte (10179)